- This event has passed.
Increasing PPP Access to Small Businesses in Underserved Communities
March 4 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CST
The Biden-Harris administration is announcing several reforms to increase access to the PPP to the nation’s smallest businesses and those that have been left behind in previous relief efforts. These efforts will extend much-needed resources to help small businesses survive, reopen, and rebuild. Recently announced updates include:
– Instituting a 14-day period during which only businesses with fewer than 20 employees can apply for relief through the Program.
– Helping sole proprietors, independent contractors, and self-employed individuals receive more financial support.
– Consistent with a bipartisan bill, eliminating an exclusionary restriction that prevents small business owners with prior non-fraud felony convictions from obtaining relief through the Paycheck Protection Program.
– Eliminating an exclusionary restriction that prevents small business owners who are delinquent on their federal student loans from obtaining relief through the Paycheck Protection Program.
– Ensuring access for non-citizen small business owners who are lawful U.S. residents by clarifying that they may use Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) to apply for relief.
Join the Urban League of Louisiana, Hope Credit Union, and the SBA Louisiana District Office on Thursday, March 4, from 1:00-2:30p CST for a special webinar to learn more about these enhancements to the Paycheck Protection Program, eligibility requirements, required documentation and how to apply! There will also be time for Q&A.
– Kathy Saloy, Senior Vice President Community Economic Development Hope Enterprise Corporation
– Jo Ann Lawrence, Deputy Director, Louisiana District Office, U.S. Small Business Administration
There is no cost to attend this informational webinar; however, you must be registered on GoToWebinar to participate. Please secure your spot today by visiting https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1071630625177884941. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.