The SEE CHANGE Collective is a catalyst for closing the wealth gap for Blacks, Hispanics, and Latinos in the Greater New Orleans Region by focusing on three pathways to wealth-building – homeownership, business ownership and entrepreneurship, and income and wages.
- Homeownership is the primary way Americans build generational wealth, yet historically, national policies encouraging home ownership as a wealth generator have not benefitted people of color at the same rate.
- The SEE CHANGE Collective will explore the factors promoting and hindering homeownership as a wealth generator for Black, Hispanic and Latino residents in the New Orleans metro area.
- Business ownership is the most effective way to build wealth, yet significant barriers exist in establishing the growing businesses for people of color.
- The SEE CHANGE Collective will explore the factors that promote and hinder the growth of small business revenue and employment growth for businesses owned by Black, Hispanic and Latinos in the New Orleans metro.
- Everyone who works earns a salary or wage, which makes it the most accessible way to facilitate wealth generation, yet many barriers exist making wealth generation through employment impossible for too many.
- The SEE CHANGE Collective will explore factors that promote and hinder access to high-growth, high wage employment opportunities.
Interim President & CEO
President & CEO
CEO & Brewmaster
Senior VP & Regional Community Affairs Manager
Former Board Chairman, Urban League of Louisiana
Jade Brown Russell
Board Chairperson, Urban League of Louisiana