Wake Up Geaux Vote is Urban League of Louisiana’s non-partisan statewide voter education and mobilization effort that is activated every election cycle to register new voters, provide relevant election updates including information about real-time ballot initiatives, candidates, and how to get people to the polls. Learn more about Wake Up Geaux Vote here.
Below you can find a social media toolkit with graphics and sample messaging for Louisiana voters as well as each of our seven target cities: Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Monroe, New Orleans, and Shreveport.
We encourage you to post these Wake Up Geaux Vote social media materials to your respective pages, as well as, email the same to any listservs you steward, community partners, and other stakeholders within your city.
As Urban League of Louisiana continues to empower our communities to exercise their voting power, we look forward to partnering with you as we conduct the following initiatives in 2023, a voter registration day, a televised Gubernatorial Debate, and a GOTV phone banking campaigns.
Graphics & Sample Social Media Captions
- It’s time to #WakeUpGeauxVote! Show up and make your voice heard on March 25.
- Do you know where you’re voting? Find out your polling location at GeauxVote.com. #WakeUpGeauxVote
- It’s almost election day, so it’s time to make your plan now. Make sure you are registered for the upcoming election at GeauxVote.com. #WakeUpGeauxVote
- Black voters can strengthen Louisiana. Make your voice heard and #WakeUpGeauxVote on March 25.
- Don’t forget to tag Urban League of Louisiana when you post! @UrbanLeagueLA