Wearing is Caring!
Protect Yourself and Others
The Urban League of Louisiana is encouraging everyone to MASK UP to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Why should you and your family wear face masks in public?
The CDC advises the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.
Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at a low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure.
When & Where should you wear a facemask?
While in public, you should ALWAYS use a mask, scarf or other face covering.
This includes indoor spaces and outdoor spaces when you are near others who are not in your immediate household.
How to Wear & Care for a facemask.
Cloth face covers should:
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape