Providing Relief for Black Businesses during COVID-19
On behalf of Ford Motor Company and the Ford Motor Company Fund, the Urban League of Louisiana will administer ECAP for Black-owned businesses in the Greater New Orleans area. This program will award micro-grants in the amount of $1,500 to eligible Black-owned businesses that have been significantly impacted by the COVID19 pandemic. Grant recipients will be required to participate in post-award counseling services.
WHO: Black small business owners in the Greater New Orleans area
WHAT: Micro-grants in the amount of $1,500 to qualifying Black-owned businesses that have been heavily impacted by the COVID19 pandemic
BONUS: Post-award counseling services
- A current or previous client of the Urban League of Louisiana as of July 1, 2020
- At least 51% owned and operated by an African American/Black individual residing in and operating a business in the Greater New Orleans area
- Located in Census tracts with greater than 25% Black residency
- Providers of direct to consumer products and/or services
- Able to prove a revenue of less than $150,000 in 2019
- Able to demonstrate business losses of at least 25% as a result of COVID-19
Grant awards may be used for rent, utilities, inventory, accounts payable, fixed costs, employee wages and benefits. These are grant awards and repayment by the recipient is not required. Applications for micro-grants will be reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis until all allocated funds are dispersed. Applicants should gather all required documentation prior to starting the application form.
- Ford ECAP: Small Business Micro-grants Program Application (Download and save to your computer.)
- Confirmation of Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number
- Documentation of the business owner or owners’ state residency (such as a driver’s license or a bill)
- Louisiana Secretary of State Confirmation of Good Standing Verify and Download Here
- 2019 federal tax return (Personal returns will be accepted for independent contractors and self-employed individuals.)
- 2019 income statement showing monthly sales – Free Template if Needed
- 2020 year-to-date income statement showing monthly sales (January – June)
- IRS Form W-9 (October 2018 Version)
- Other supporting documents as requested
For questions about the program or the application process, please email email@example.com.