To provide direct support and access to capital to Black-owned food service operators in Louisiana that have been negatively impacted by COVID-19, the Urban League of Louisiana’s Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation, in collaboration with the National Urban League and PepsiCo Foundation, is pleased to launch the Black Restaurant Accelerator Program (BRAP). This entrepreneurial immersion program provides eligible firms with:
- industry-specific entrepreneurial training sessions,
- one-on-one business advising and technical assistance from an experienced food service consultant,
- access to funding for growth-related projects, and
- connections to other resources available to support business continuity and scalability.
ABOUT THE ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
ULLA has partnered with Chattanooga-based restaurant incubator, Proof, to provide industry-based entrepreneurial training and consulting services for participating businesses. The inaugural cohort will invite 24 Black-owned food service operators from across Louisiana to participate in an 8-week, virtual accelerator program, and will provide each participant with post-accelerator consulting services. The program includes:
- 4 Live, Virtual Interactive Learning Sessions
- 7 E-Learning Modules (Self-paced weekly assignments)
- 8 Hours of One-on-One Consulting Services during the Accelerator Program
- 6 Hours of Post-accelerator One-on-One Consulting Services
Participation in the accelerator program is application-based and firms will be accepted based on eligibility, fit, and ability to commit to program. Eligible businesses must:
- Be at least 51% owned and operated by a Black/African American individual
- Be a small business based on SBA Size Standards
- Operate a restaurant, mobile food service, or catering business in Louisiana
- Have been in business since 2019
- Have revenue of less than $250,000 in the year preceding the application
The cost of the program is $2,150.00 per participant. Scholarships are made possible by the PepsiCo Foundation. The inaugural cohort for ULLA’s BRAP will launch on August 23, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are now open for the Black Restaurant Accelerator Program.
Please visit www.proofincubator.com/louisiana to apply today.
The application deadline is Friday, August 6, 2021 at 5:00pm CST.