Back to School During Covid 19 – Guidelines for Parents
As many children return to school this week and in the coming weeks, we want to make sure that you are aware of the Covid-19 statewide mandatory school guidelines as well as additional resources provided by the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) and the Louisiana Department of Education.
LDH Back to School Guidelines for K-12
Practice putting on a taking off a mask without touching the front of the mask. Masks should be worn on the way to and from school when riding the bus, car pooling with people outside of your household, or walking in groups in which physical distancing is not possible. Label masks with your child’s name.
MASKING GUIDELINES FOR ALL PUBLIC AND NONPUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Face masks that properly cover the wearer’s mouth and nose should be worn indoors outside of your residence at all times, under the Governor’s statewide mask mandate. The order requires face coverings for everyone of age to be enrolled in kindergarten and older except for the following:
- Anyone who has a medical condition that prevents the wearing of a face covering
- Anyone who is consuming a drink or food
- Anyone who is trying to communicate with a person who is hearing impaired
- Anyone who is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience
- Anyone temporarily removing his or her face covering for identification purposes
MASKING REQUIREMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CHILD CARE CENTERS
- All staff must continue to mask while indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Parents and visitors must mask while in childcare facilities.
- While outdoors, fully vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals do not need to mask if they adhere to physical distancing requirements.
- Since children under the age of 12 are ineligible for vaccination, it is strongly recommended that children between the ages of 2 and 5 wear a mask.
- Children 5 years and older must wear a mask.
Where can I learn more about the vaccine?