Last Thursday, we launched our official Justice for Ronald Greene online petition with our partners the National Urban League, the NAACP Baton Rouge, ACLU of Louisiana, and VOTE.
We, and those who sign this petition call for:
- All troopers involved to be immediately terminated. There has been limited discipline against some of the troopers but it is not enough. Every day that any trooper involved in this horrendous incident remains on the job is an injustice to the family and to all residents of Louisiana. All troopers involved must be terminated.
All troopers to be arrested on charges that are appropriate for the crimes committed. There have been no charges thus far, after two years since Mr. Greene’s murder. The officers involved, named and unnamed, must be arrested immediately.
YOUR SIGNATURE MEANS SOMETHING
- Your signature is YOUR VOICE.
- Your signature is a way to participate in the present and create the future.
- Your signature shows decision makers that this cause is important to your community.
- Your signature and sharing of the petition allows your friends and family to discover AND support issues important to them.
Your signature helps to make an IMPACT.
IN THE NEWS
Our President and CEO Judy Reese Morse was highlighted in the New York Times article recounting last week’s rally and calls to action.
Additional coverage throughout the state, nation and world regarding Ronald Greene’s story and the call for the justice:
The Louisiana Illuminator – Jarvis DeBerry
The New Orleans Advocate – Will Sutton
Louisiana Weekly – Dr. E. Faye Williams, Esq.
The Hill – Jordan Williams
ABC NEWS – Kevin McGill
NBC NEWS – By Antonio Planas and Sam Brock
USA TODAY – N’dea Yancey-Bragg and Joel Shannon
CNN – Madeline Holcombe and Nick Valencia
La Vanguardia – Spain
Los Angeles Sentinel – Dr. John Warren
A CBS Sunday Morning special edition on June 6 explores policing issues. Mona Hardin, mother of Ronald Greene will share her thoughts about losing her son.