National Urban League * Urban League of Louisiana * NAACP Baton Rouge * Civil Rights Attorney Lee Merritt * VOTE * ACLU of Louisiana
ADVISORY FOR MAY 27, 2021
(National Urban League)
(Urban League of Louisiana)
NEW ORLEANS, LA – The leaders of the National Urban League, Urban League of Louisiana and other civil rights and social justice organizations have scheduled a media briefing on Thursday, May 27, to demand the immediate termination and arrest of all state troopers involved in the 2019 fatal assault of Ronald Greene and its criminal coverup.
Scheduled to participate in the briefing are :
- Marc H. Morial, National Urban League President & CEO
- Judy Reese Morse, Urban League of Louisiana President & CEO
- Lee Merritt, civil rights attorney representing Ronald Greene’s family
- Eugene Weatherspoon, NAACP Baton Rouge Branch President
- Alanah Odoms, ACLU of Louisiana Executive Director
- Norris Henderson, VOTE Founder and Executive Director
The media briefing will take place on Thursday, May 27 at 11am Eastern Time/10am Central Time via Zoom.
Registration is required.
Please visit the following link to register: https://bit.ly/3wAfEWt
WHO: National Urban League, Urban League of Louisiana, attorney Lee Merritt, leaders from other civil rights and social justice organizations
WHAT: Media briefing regarding Ronald Greene’s fatal assault by Louisiana State Troopers
WHEN: Thursday, May 27, 11am Eastern/10am Central