Rouses Supermarket is facing community outrage after a photo of the owner, Donald Rouse Sr., surfaced online showing his attendance at the rally that turned violent on Capitol Hill Wednesday. The Urban League of Louisiana was deeply disappointed to learn of Rouse’s connection to such a horrific and unAmerican event. Many African Americans have faithfully shopped at Rouses for years and are a large part of the store’s success and growth. The days of taking African American customers for granted are over, and many African Americans have promised to take their business elsewhere.
- Urban League of Louisiana President and CEO releases statement on Derrick Chauvin guilty verdict April 20, 2021
- Boomtown New Orleans donates to Urban League of Louisiana April 6, 2021
- Statement on Rouses Supermarket January 8, 2021
- Statement from the Urban League of Louisiana on the passing of Mrs. Millie M. Charles November 22, 2020
- ULLA works with Google on a pilot to support business growth and safe environments for Black-owned Small Businesses with free Google Storefront Kits November 16, 2020